Rubicon’s purée rice is a great tasting buttery flavor, with 85 calories per serving. The rice can be prepared as a simple scoop or shaped into granules on the serving line with our complimentary ricer tool.
Our purée products and recipes meet the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) best practices guidelines for food texture safety for levels 4 and 5 purée diets.
Shaped Purée Rice Recipe
1 minute 51 seconds
Watch our shaping technique for purée rice that can be done right on the serving line.
We provide a durable ricer for on the line shaping of purée spaghetti, fettuccini, elbow macaroni and rice granules. Contact us to receive this tool complimentary with an order of pasta or rice mix.
5 servings #10 scoop
Rubicon Purée Rice Mix: 3/4 cup
Hot water (170-185ºF): 2 cups
10 servings #10 scoop
Rubicon Purée Rice Mix: 1 1/2 cups
Hot water (170-185ºF): 4 cups
Purée Rice Scoop Preparation
1. Pour hot water into a pan and slowly whisk in the purée rice mix until combined. The mixture will partially thicken.
2. Reheat the purée rice mix to 180-190ºF to fully thicken by:
3. Stir mixture and hold on the serving line according to state regulations.
4. Serve using a #10 scoop or try line shaping with our complimentary purée ricer.
Shaped Purée Rice Granule Preparation
Follow steps 1-4 above.
5. Insert disc into ricer followed by the stainless steel tube.
6. Add a #10 scoop to the ricer.
7. Plate textured rice by pumping out short strands and catching them on the plate until all of the purée rice is used.
Our purée rice is a dry mix packaged in a 10 lb. 3 oz. case. Portions per case are 201 #10 scoops. View our specification sheet below for all product details and nutritional information.
Contact us with any questions. We would be delighted to speak with you.
Samples are available for all products. Contact us to request a sample kit.
View the Rubicon Foods Order Guide or request an order guide for a major distributor.
7320 East 86th Street, Suite 400, Indianapolis, IN 46256
© 2022 Rubicon Foods