Rubicon’s purée pasta is a great tasting buttery flavor, with 65 calories per serving. The pasta can be prepared as a decorated scoop or shaped right on the serving line into spaghetti, fettuccini or elbow macaroni. Our complimentary ricer tool is available upon request with your first order of purée pasta or rice.
Our purée products and recipes meet the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) best practices guidelines for food texture safety for levels 4 and 5 purée diets.
Shaped Purée Pasta Recipe - IDDSI
2 minutes 38 seconds
Watch our shaping technique for purée pasta followed by an IDDSI Fork Pressure Test and Spoon Tilt Test.
We provide a durable ricer for on the line shaping of purée spaghetti, fettuccini, elbow macaroni and rice granules. Contact us to receive this tool complimentary with an order of pasta or rice mix.
5 servings #10 scoop
Rubicon Purée Pasta Mix: 3/4 cup
Hot water (170-185°F): 2 1/2 cups
10 servings #10 scoop
Rubicon Purée Pasta Mix: 1 1/2 cups
Hot water (170-185°F): 5 cups
Purée Pasta Scoop Preparation
1. Pour hot water into a pan and slowly whisk in the purée pasta mix until combined. The mixture will partially thicken.
2. Reheat the purée pasta mix to 180-190ºF to fully thicken by:
3. Stir mixture and hold on serving line according to state regulations.
4. Serve using a #10 scoop. Use back of scoop to create groove in pasta and ladle in pasta sauce.
Shaped Purée Spaghetti, Fettuccini & Elbow Macaroni Preparation
Follow steps 1-2 above.
3. For correct texture, cool mixture to 100ºF or lower in cooler for a minimum of 1.5 hours.
4. Reheat pan to an internal temperature of 165ºF using step 2 above and place on the serving line.
5. Insert appropriate ricer shaping disc into ricer followed by the stainless steel tube.
6. Add one #10 scoop (side dish) or two #10 scoops (main dish) to the ricer.
7. For spaghetti and fettuccini, pump out all of the purée pasta in a continuous circle ending in the center. For elbow macaroni, pump out ½ inch strands by catching the strands on the plate and pulling up on the ricer.
8. Ladle sauce over center of purée pasta, garnish and serve.
The ricer can be placed into the steam table pan holding the purée pasta until ready to use again.
Our purée pasta is a dry mix packaged in a 10 lb. 3 oz. case. Portions per case are 201 #10 scoops. View our specification sheet below for all product details and nutritional information.
Contact us with any questions. We would be delighted to speak with you.
Samples are available for all products. Contact us to request a sample kit.