We provide a durable ricer for on the line shaping of purée spaghetti, fettuccini, elbow macaroni and rice granules. Contact us to receive this tool complimentary with an order of pasta mix.
Our purée products and recipes meet the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) best practices guidelines for food texture safety for levels 4 and 5 purée diets.
Shaped Purée Pasta Recipe - IDDSI
2 minutes 38 seconds
Watch our shaping technique for purée pasta followed by an IDDSI Fork Pressure Test and Spoon Tilt Test.
5 servings #8 scoop
Rubicon Purée Pasta Mix: 3/4 cup
Hot water (170-185°F): 2 1/2 cups
10 servings #8 scoop
Rubicon Purée Pasta Mix: 1 1/2 cups
Hot water (170-185°F): 5 cups
Pasta Scoop Preparation
1. Pour hot water into a pan and slowly whisk in the pasta mix until combined. The mixture will partially thicken.
2. Reheat the pasta mix to 180-190ºF to fully thicken by:
3. Stir mixture and hold on serving line according to state regulations.
4. Serve using a #8 scoop. Use back of scoop to create groove in pasta and ladle in pasta sauce.
Spaghetti, Fettuccini & Elbow Macaroni Preparation
Follow steps 1-2 above.
3. For correct texture, cool mixture to 100ºF or lower in cooler for a minimum of 1.5 hours.
4. Reheat pan to an internal temperature of 165ºF using step 2 above and place on the serving line.
5. Insert appropriate ricer shaping disc into ricer followed by the stainless steel tube.
6. Add one #8 scoop (side dish) or two #8 scoops (main dish) to the ricer.
7. For spaghetti and fettucini, pump out all of the purée pasta in a continuous circle ending in the center. For elbow macaroni, pump out ½ inch strands by catching the strands on the plate and pulling up on the ricer.
8. Ladle sauce over center of pasta, garnish and serve.
Try the IDDSI Level 4 Purée Fork Pressure & Spoon Tilt Test.
Sign up to receive new recipes, products and promotions. You can unsubscribe at any time.