Rubicon’s purée bacon is a great tasting smoky flavor, with 70 calories per serving. Our recipe is prepared simply by adding water and heating to 180°F. Our purée bacon can be served as a simple scoop or shaped into purée bacon strips with our complimentary bacon piping tool.
Our purée products and recipes meet the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) best practices guidelines for food texture safety for levels 4 and 5 purée diets.
We provide a durable dishwasher safe piping tool for on the line shaping of purée bacon strips. Contact us to receive this tool complimentary with an order of purée bacon mix.
10 servings #16 scoop
Rubicon Purée Bacon Mix: 2 cups
Tap water: 2 1/2 cups
Purée Bacon Scoop Preparation
1. Pour tap water into stove top pan and whisk in purée bacon mix.
2. Heat to 165-180°F while continuously whisking.
3. Place into a steam table pan and hold on the serving line according to state regulations.
4. Serve using a #16 scoop for a 2 oz. portion.
Shaped Purée Bacon Strips Preparation
Follow steps 1-3 above.
4. Insert provided bacon tip into piping bag. Fill piping bag with purée bacon. Wrap a towel around the bag to prevent burning.
5. Pipe (2) 4-inch purée bacon strips.
Our purée bacon is a dry mix packaged in a 5 lb. case. Portions per case are 113 #16 scoops. View our specification sheet below for all product details and nutritional information.
Contact us with any questions. We would be delighted to speak with you.
Samples are available for all products. Contact us to request a sample kit.