Rubicon’s purée corn is great tasting and our easy shaping technique creates a tasteful corncob presentation. Our recipe is designed for a safe purée consistency, provides 90 calories per serving and is simple. Just add water and heat to 180ºF. We provide a complimentary corncob mold with every order of purée corn mix.
Our purée products and recipes meet the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) best practices guidelines for food texture safety for levels 4 and 5 purée diets.
Shaped Purée Corn Recipe - IDDSI
1 minutes 41 seconds
Watch our shaping technique for purée corn followed by an IDDSI Fork Pressure Test and Spoon Tilt Test.
10 servings 4 oz.
Rubicon Purée Corn Mix: 1 3/4 cup
Tap water: 5 cups
Purée Corn Scoop Preparation
1. Pour water into a stovetop pan and slowly whisk in the purée corn mix until combined.
2. On medium heat, slowly bring the purée corn mixture to 170-185ºF while whisking.
3. Transfer to steam table pan and hold on serving line at a minimum of 135ºF.
4. Serve using a #8 scoop.
Shaped Purée Corn Preparation (2 – 2 oz. portions)
Follow steps 1-4 above.
5. Spray corn mold with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Add a #16 scoop (2 oz.) to the corn mold and spread to even out the top.
7. Flip corn mold onto plate and remove the mold, slightly pressing in the center. Repeat right next to first for a total of 2 corncobs.
8. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with ground black pepper.
Our purée corn is a dry mix packaged in a 12 lb. case. Portions per case are 302 #16 scoops. View our specification sheet below for all product details and nutritional information.
Contact us with any questions. We would be delighted to speak with you.
Samples are available for all products. Contact us to request a sample kit.
Sign up to receive new recipes, products and promotions. You can unsubscribe at any time.