Purée cornbread square
Rubicon Purée Cornbread Mix: 3 cups (420g)
Hot water (170-185ºF): 3 3/4 cups
Oil or liquid butter: 6T
Rubicon Grilled Toast Coloring Mix*: 2T
*Only needed for baked cornbread loaf
Purée Cornbread Scoop Preparation
1. Add cornbread mix to mixing bowl and oil or liquid butter to the mix.
2. Whisk in hot water until well combined.
3. Transfer to a servings pan and serve using a #16 scoop. Can be served at room temperature or heated and served warm.
Purée Baked Cornbread Loaf Preparation
1. Spray 1/4 steam table pan liberally with food release. Coat the bottom and sides of the pan with grilled toast coloring mix.
2. In a bowl, combine the cornbread mix and water.
3. Immediately pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Let sit 5 minutes.
4. Run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn over onto baking sheet. Cornbread will release from the pan.
5. Slice the cornbread 1 by 9 cuts. Brush with optional melted butter and serve.
Try the IDDSI Level 4 Purée Fork Pressure & Spoon Tilt Test.
Sign up to receive new recipes, products and promotions. You can unsubscribe at any time.