Rubicon's purée bread is easily prepared as a simple scoop or flattened and served as a dinner roll. Our recipe is simple and instant, just add water and butter to the purée bread mix.
Taste, color and presentation can be enhanced with our assorted purée bread flavorings. Flavors include apple spice, chocolate cake, cinnamon roll, honey wheat, lemon cake and pancake waffle. Created to be consistent across all recipes, simply add 1/4 cup flavoring to 1 cup purée bread mix.
Our purée products and recipes meet the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) best practices guidelines for food texture safety for levels 4 and 5 purée diets.
Purée Bread Scoop Recipe - IDDSI
1 minute 17 seconds
Watch our purée bread recipe followed by an IDDSI fork pressure and spoon tilt test.
5 Servings #16 Scoop
Rubicon Purée Bread Mix: 1 cup (140g)
Rubicon Purée Bread Flavoring Mix (optional): 1/4 cup
Oil or liquid butter: 2T
Hot water (170-185°F): 1 1/4 cup
10 Servings #16 Scoop
Rubicon Purée Bread Mix: 2 cups (280g)
Rubicon Purée Bread Flavoring Mix (optional): 1/2 cup
Oil or liquid butter: 4T
Hot water (170-185°F): 2 1/2 cups
1. Combine purée bread mix and optional flavoring mix in a bowl.
2. Add oil or liquid butter to the mix.
3. Slowly whisk in the hot water until well blended.
4. Transfer to a serving pan using a spatula and serve using a #16 scoop.
5. For a dinner roll presentation, slightly flatten top of scoop and create grooves with the spatula.
Contact us with any questions. We would be delighted to speak with you.
Samples are available for all products. Contact us to request a sample kit.