Rubicon's baked purée bread loaf is a great tasting side dish that incorporates our Grilled Toast Coloring Mix for a browned, baked finish. Preparation is simple and can be done in advance for easily reheating and serving at a later time.
Our purée bread is high in calories and optional purée bread flavorings, including apple spice, lemon cake and cinnamon, can be added to create a great dessert purée bread loaf. One purée bread loaf serves 20 portions.
Our purée products and recipes meet the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) best practices guidelines for food texture safety for levels 4 and 5 purée diets.
Shaped purée bread loaf prepared with grilled toast coloring mix for a finished baked look.
Baked Purée Bread Loaf Recipe - IDDSI
Watch our baked purée bread loaf recipe followed by an IDDSI Fork Pressure Test and Spoon Tilt Test.
Rubicon Purée Bread Mix: 3 cups (420g)
Rubicon Purée Bread Flavoring Mix: optional, 3/4 cup
Rubicon Grilled Toast Coloring Mix: as needed, 2T
Oil or liquid butter: 6T
Hot water (170-185°F): 3 3/4 cups
1. Spray 1/4 steam table pan liberally with food release. Coat the bottom and sides of the pan with grilled toast coloring mix.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the purée bread mix and optional flavoring mix. Add oil or liquid butter to the mix. Slowly whisk in the hot water until well blended.
3. Immediately pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle grilled toast coloring mix on top of bread. Let sit 5 minutes.
4. Run knife around the edge of the pan and turn over onto baking sheet. Bread will release from the pan.
5. Slice loaf down the center once, then 9 slices across for a total of 20 slices. Plate the sliced loaf and serve.
Contact us with any questions. We would be delighted to speak with you.
Samples are available for all products. Contact us to request a sample kit.
View the Rubicon Foods Order Guide or request an order guide for a major distributor.
7320 East 86th Street, Suite 400, Indianapolis, IN 46256
© 2022 Rubicon Foods